A fast, automated approach to the basic visual inspection of structures.
Digital Imaging for Condition Asset Management (DIFCAM) reduces or removes the need for costly human visual inspections that present safety risks. Originally developed for use in railway tunnels, it can be used to carry out inspections on other types of networks and structures.
How it works
The system captures a complete visual record and 3D model of almost any structure. Using a high-grade inertial guidance platform, a high quality 3D representation of the asset is produced for analysis.
Over time, the data captured builds into a historic record than can be continually checked against to identify changes. This allows maintenance engineers to quickly identify potential new defects quickly and safely.
- Trolley-based survey system
- 360 degree rotating laser profiling creating high density point cloud
- High resolution digital imagery
- Survey grade positioning system
- Run-on-run analysis software to determine changes in infrastructure
- Fast data capture
- Direct inspection-to-inspection comparison
- Full record of the structure created
- Reduced survey time
- Richer, more detailed spatial data
- Removal of risks to workforce safety