A real-time positioning system that provides continuous spatial and linear data.
OmniRTPS is a self-contained, compact unit designed to operate with minimal or no human intervention, making it easy to install onto a rail vehicle.
OmniRTPS replaces traditional manually-operated systems that are used on most rail vehicles. The data provides infrastructure owners and fleet managers with a standard positioning reference for the various measuring systems and services they use. In the UK, the system also generates the engineer’s line reference, track identifier and mileage.
How it works
OmniRTPS calculates its spatial and linear position through a close-coupled GNSS/inertial measurement system, a railway track centreline model and map matching.
This allows it to generate continuous linear and spatial track location with a typical accuracy of within 1m, even in areas of poor satellite coverage such as tunnels and cuttings.
- Support for industry standard interfaces (RS232/485/Ethernet)
- Optional mapping front end for easy viewing of location and status information
- Accurate and stable synchronisation signals
- High performance GNSS
- Optional spatial analysis tools to visualise data
- User-configurable outputs
- Position accuracy – within 1m, 95% confidence level
- Positions can be repeated run on run to assist with trend analysis
- Easily integrates with other systems
- Remote monitoring and activation
- Real-time view for on-train staff
- No loss of off-route recording data as position is always known
- Modular architecture enables support of future inertial / GNSS units