The first step in getting your vehicle approved.
Vehicle models are required for a gauging assessment, which in turn is required for permission to operate. Accurate vehicle models reduce the issues arising from a gauging assessment.
We have vast experience in vehicle modelling and are experts in the Rail Industry Standard RIS-2773-RST modelling format. We use VAMPIRE® modelling and simulation to reduce uncertainty and risk.
How it works
Vehicle models are created using dimensions taken from a design drawing. If insufficient information is available then we use our laser scanner to measure the vehicle.
Vehicle models use suspension movements which are calculated using a software package such as VAMPIRE®. We are expert VAMPIRE® users and generate suspension movements as necessary.
Our VAMPIRE modelling is a value driven process. By using VAMPIRE we reduce the risks of additional costs caused by the use of estimated movement data. Bespoke movement data ensures that accurate clearances are calculated.
- We offer a laser scanning service where vehicle dimensions are not available
- We build VAMPIRE models to generate suspension movements
- Our approach reduces risk and uncertainty
- We handle all aspects of vehicle modelling in-house
- Accurate vehicle models reduce clearance issues
- Increased certainty in the results of gauging assessments